Sunday, February 19, 2012

Single mother

When I was a young girl dreaming about a life
A picket fence, dirty laundry and being someone's wife.
I really never knew what any of that meant
But that was what the fairy godmother was supposed to have sent.
And I was going to be happy,
Happy and content.

As I got older, a vision came to me
A life without limits, one as wide as the sea
In my newly-wizened state-a possibility
for about five minutes of my life, I thought it could be

And along came a man who entered my world
dominated by power and a lust for me-the girl.
I thought he'd fulfill me, we'd compliment each other
That was the first mistake, which preceded many others.

The Passion I had seen in him was for all the wrong things
A drive for money, not for life
A dark-sided immoral materialism that I despised
The woman in me could no longer play the part
Of the cooperating, approval-seeking wife.

As life progressed, the offspring grew
The excitement I felt with my children was new
With each new experience I had with them
A bond greater than blood was formed, they became my friends.
One so fair, the other dark
seeing my positives and negatives in them ignited a spark
The yearning to be independent and strong
Looking up to my children and seeing where I was wrong

For in these young and intelligent eyes the truth shines clear.
I can not waste my time living in fear
I must jump into my life with my eyes closed
and deal with the garbage pinching my nose.
The stench of fear can not reach me now
I can walk through the cesspool with my kids in tow
And know that I am teaching them a valuable motto
"Don't wait for happiness to come tomorrow"


You're my whole world


When I saw you gazing back at me, your eyes still foggy from your very long sleep.
You couldn't talk to me, but I could tell. the silent bond between us, a look, a touch or a smell.
The soul connection I always sought, lied deep inside of me, waiting to be brought.
The proof true love really exists. curled right beside me, begging to be kissed.

You're my whole world, even though you're so small
Life without you has no meaning at all.
My beautiful baby, a part of me I treasure
Ten little fingers, how could I ever measure
My complete love for you.
You're my whole world. It's true

No comments:

Post a Comment